How has your day been? Mine? Not bad, actually.I woke up at the ungodly hour of 5:30 a.m. Why? Because my body woke up. Grr. It figures on the morning I'm supposed to sleep in and be taken care of like a queen, I'm the first one awake. I forced myself to doze until 6:30 although not very successfully.
I finally gave up and stumbled into the kitchen to get some coffee. On the dining room table when I turned around were the flowers pictured above. When I told Robin how lovely they were, he told me I wasn't supposed to have seen them yet. Ooops! ;) LOL. So, I pretended I hadn't seen anything until the kids got up.
I was greeted with delightful hugs, kisses and well wishes for a Happy Mother's Day from my three babies. They were so cute; all excited and ready to thrust their gifts they made at school for me into my hands the second they got up. Robin managed to keep them at bay for a little while as he tried to get them to sign the card. I just sat on the sofa, sipping my coffee while pretending to not notice the chaos that was going on behind me. It was too cute.
Eventually, I was greated by a lovely bouquet of flowers, some chocolates from my dear husband, a great heart shaped trinket box that was decorated by the soon-to-be famous "artist-ballerina-princess" Madeleine. I also got the greatest place mats from my boys. Each one had flowers that were created by their fingerprints dabbed in paint; their pictures on the pot and stickers all over the place. They are laminated and I've been instructed I must use them when I eat a meal! :DWe went to mass and had the wiggliest children ever, but we survived. It was nice to see my mother-in-law, as well as my sister-in-law there. We tried to keep the conversation light as to not remind her that one of her children would not be wishing her a Happy Mother's Day that day. She managed alright until the Prayers of the Faithful where we were asked to pray for Kevin. I almost lost it; I can't imagine it was any easier for her. :(
We had Nicole and her crew over for dinner tonight. We enjoyed a lovely pork tenderloin with green beans, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes and gravy and some Yorkshire puddings. I bought a cake for dessert. It was really nice; actually bittersweet as they will be moving back to England in less than 2 weeks.
I hope you all had the Mother's Day you deserve. I'm so blessed to have a family that treats me like a queen most days and on Mother's Day, it's just extra special.


No comments:
Post a Comment