Oh my goodness! I'm in so.much.pain right now! Why, you may ask? Oh, let me tell you!
It's 11 a.m. The bell rings to let out my third period class. I'm working at my computer to spruce up a unit test I'll be giving on Monday. I finish up my last sentence and hit "save". I push off to lift my tush from my seat and suddenly a searing pain rips through my lower back and hips. To the point of freezing me in my tracks and having me gasp for air. OH.MY.HECK! It hurt soooo badly!
Ok, so I sit my tush back down and start to cry because the pain is so flippin' bad! Oh, and did I mention I'm hypoglycemic and haven't eaten in forever? So now, I'm in a cold sweat and shaking because of the hypoglycemia and I'm in major pain. Oh, and ya. I'm missing the team meeting I'm supposed to go to during fourth period. I literally can.not.move. I'm starting to panic because I'm afraid they'll think I'm trying to ditch the meeting, but I can't move!
I pray for someone to come to my room looking for me. Every effort I make hurts way too much. And I'm still shaking. I decide to email the team leader, hoping he'd be at his desk and see the email message pop up. I think God heard my pleas because I had a student come in and look for some lost item. HALLELUIA!
I sent my sweet student to the team meeting to get my French cohort. She came and was so fantastically helpful. She grabbed me my pear in my fridge. She rubbed my back and got the Health Room Tech. She arranged to cover my classes so I could go home. Martine, I LOVE you! You are the sweetest person on earth!
The Health Tech/Aide came to my room and helped me get to my van. I drove home and took a Naprocen and I'm still in major pain. I'm so thankful that Robin could get off work and pick up Maddy from school, the boys from daycare and take Maddy to ballet class tonight. I am still in bed hurtin'.
After seven hours of pain, I can sort of sit up a little without excruciating pain. I'm crossing my fingers that by tomorrow I'll be able to make it to the doctor's. I already have an appointment, but I definitely need to go in and see him so I can maybe get a shot or something for my back/hip area. I had this happen sometime last Spring and ended up in so much pain that I succumbed and went to the ER even though I DESTEST going to the ER. The ER doctor gave me a shot of something. AAAAAHHHHHHHH....it worked like magic!
I so hope tomorrow's a much better day. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
how are you doing now? yeesh, that is pretty scary.
Post a Comment