Monday, October 08, 2007

I Don't Think This Is What Columbus Had In Mind...

I hate Columbus Day. Really, really hate it. It used to be known to me as Thanksgiving Day. But, alas, I'm not living in Canada anymore, so it's simply Columbus Day. This day has become known at our school as "Parent Visit Day". I despise this day. I know, I sound like a horrid person/teacher. I just can't relax when parents are in the room. I feel like they're staring and internally criticizing everything I do. I know I am a good teacher, but I swear, I feel like a stupid buffoon by the end of the day. Not to mention I now have a raging headache. I'm supposed to go out for dinner with some of the other Kindergarten moms, but I'm so very tired. I don't want to flake out as tempting as it might be.


I guess having our Open House Day now instead of on Vetern's Day is better, though. I always thought it was kind of disrespectful; but then again, I can't put my finger on why I feel that way. Regardless, today if finally over. I think I'm going to pop a couple of Tylenol, get my kids in their bath and go to dinner.

Happy Columbus Day everyone!

1 comment:

Crafty P said...

ooo, hope it got better for ya. go read my post and have a good laugh, okay!