Tuesday, October 02, 2007

YAY!! YAY!!!!! YAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think I blogged about this before, but Robin applied for an AS400 Adminstrator job at his current employer about a month ago. He had an interview yesterday and today he was told he got the job!!!!!

Holy smokes! I can hardly believe it! He got the job! This has happened at such a good time for our family. He's been working at Office Depot since May. That has helped our finances tremendously, but it is, quite honestly, putting a strain on both of us in many ways. He's not home and the kids keep asking why daddy is always working. We never really get to spend a lot of time together and the times he isn't working, he's so tired, he falls asleep really quickly. I have been the sole responsible adult since then and it's tiring being the only one to get the dinner ready, kitchen tidied, kids bathed and into bed without wanting to collapse myself before he gets home. It was getting to the point that we were looking forward to next August when he could quit as we'd have our second credit card paid off by then and then we'd be in pretty good straights.

Now, he can quit anytime! He will be home more often and I can get some help with the kids. The kids can spend time with daddy and things will be more "normal". Granted, he will have odd shift hours as the job runs 24/7. He'll have to work weekends and there's no guarantee that he won't be working on a holiday; but overall, we can make this work so much easier than what we have been doing.

On top of all that; he got an awesome raise! Yes!!!!! His raise more than covers any lost income he would have made at Office Depot and then some! AWESOME! God is good; we're so very very lucky! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: