for my time away this week is a royal pain in the tush. I don't go out of town often, but every two years I sponsor our school's trip to Québec and it turns into an organizational nightmare for moi.
I have to make sure all the kids have their legal documents (passport, "green" card if necessary, notarized letter so boarder officials don't think I'm kidnapping a bus full of seventh and eighth graders), get sub plans ready for the three days I'm out of class and prep whatever I can for Robin while I'm gone so everything goes smoothly. This is the thing that makes me nuts. He's a grown man, but I know for a fact that left to his own devices, our children may not actually make it to school; let alone all their other activities.
So, for the upcoming week I have either done or will be finishing up the following items:
1. did groceries
2. prepare the boys' snack to share with the class this week
3. prepare lunches (pb&j) for Maddy's along with a check list of what she needs in her bag (snack, fruit etc.)
4. buy and wrap gifts for 2 birthday parties
5. lay out Maddy's uniforms for the week (some are PE uniforms the other are dress uniforms--all for different days...)
6. put a list of activities and times the kids are expected to be at
It doesn't seem like a lot, but it's just one more thing to add to my already full plate. I can't wait for May 4th. I'll have finished our trip and be home with my family again. Then I can get back to the usual crazy routine I normally follow... :S
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Have a safe trip. Don't go crazy getting ready before...your DH is a grown man...he should be able to handle it.
Post a Comment