Yesterday I posted some pictures of my darling child Madeleine at her first t-ball game ever. I have to admit, the pictures do not do the game justice. If you've never watched a bunch of Kindergarten students play t-ball, I highly recommend it. If you're even the least bit blue, there is no way on earth this will not cheer you up!
Those poor kids had no idea as to what they were doing or why they were doing it. LOL! For some reason, the coach thought it was a great idea to put Maddy on second base. All my child did was pirouette on the base a few times, stare into the sky, seemingly counting all the clouds.
When she finally got up to bat, she, like many of her teammates, hit the t-stand as opposed to the ball. On her upteenth try, she whacked the ball and then just stared at it while the entire adult congregation shouted at her to "RUN!!!" And run she did...in extreme slow motion. She had awesome form though! LOL! Seriously, if you knew my daughter, you'd know that that child can run circles around you and move REALLY fast. At Saturday's game, it looked like she was running through molasses!
Once she got home, she was, unfortuantely "out" as she made a bee-line for her teammates who were lined up parallel to third base as opposed to going straight for home plate. :S The coach got her back on track, but not before the catcher had the ball and was waiting patiently for her arrival so he could tag her out.
Whenever she was in the outfield, she was lost in her own thoughts...head up in a cloud almost literally. Half the time she wasn't even facing the batter. She had no idea that she was supposed to be waiting for the ball and try to catch it or tag out the other player.
As they left the field and high-fived with the opposing team, they were all in great spirits. Both sides had a great, positive attitude. No one was too serious about the actual outcome of the game and the kids had fun. I thanked the coach profusely for taking on this challenge, because quite frankly, I think he should be nominated for sainthood for taking this on.
This coming Saturday will be the boys' first t-ball practice. I hope I can get video of this one! ;) :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment