Friday, May 09, 2008

Silence

I went to see my sister-in-law today for the first time since finding out her son is missing. I tried to be upbeat and not make a huge deal of it because I really want to have her stay positive and hopeful and not sad and mournful. I could barely say her name before I had to give her the longest and tightest hugs I've ever given anyone in my life.

We just stood in the middle of the room, tears streaming down both our faces, hugging and praying for Kevin's return. Never has silence screamed so loudly. Please continue to pray.

1 comment:

Tanja said...

I'll be praying. Like you, I'd be a complete mess. Update once you know more.

Loved your post on finances, too. Groceries and gas are pinching us badly right not. But you are doing great! I got some wonderful ideas from you. Thanks. We're considering turning our land line off and having only our cell phones. Something's gotta give.