Sunday, June 08, 2008

Bridal Shower

I'm bad. I know it. I went to Aliya's bridal shower and I regifted. There. I've said it. I regifted. I'm a bad, bad person and I will go to regifting hell because of it.

Aliya and my nephew, Justin, are getting married in 2 weeks. They sprung this wedding on my sister-in-law about a month ago. Maddy's the flower girl. We have to all get new outfits to attend and we had about 4 days notice for her bridal shower. When I looked at the e-vite, I noticed no registration information. Since she and Justin are living together, I didn't just want to run out and buy a toaster. I wanted to make sure that they got something they could use. Something they needed.

So, I asked my sister-in-law what they needed and she said: "Well, for the wedding they need a frame." YES! I had two lovely frames we received for our wedding that hadn't seen the outside of the box in almost 8 years. So, Aliya and Justin received a lovely Mikassa crystal frame (8x10 size) and a lovely silver one (same size) and it didn't cost me a nickle. She can choose whichever she wants for the wedding and use the other around her house....or regift it! ;)

1 comment:

All Things Domestic said...

Nothing wrong with regifting! (At least the frames weren't engraved with your names and wedding date!) I'm about the do the same for a kiddie birthday party on Friday, with a board game that was a duplicate gift. For all I know the recipient already has the game, but his mom can simply regift. The gift that keeps on giving, right?