Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Too Much On My Plate

I sometimes wish I were Superwoman...Leaps tall buildings in a single bound and all that jazz. I've been desperate to paint our downstairs since January. I figured I'd wait until May when the weather was nicer so I could open the windows.

Well, May came and went and I figured I'd just wait until school was over in June. Oh my word, June has been busier than December normally is! And we all know how busy December can be with the holidays and such! Ack! Too many things going on in the span of 30 days. We've had three graduation parties, a wedding shower, a Kindergarten "graduation", a ballet recital, three friend birthdays, and Father's Day! This doesn't even include all the time I had to devote to grading final projects and exams in June. To say it's been hectic is an understatement.

With all that's been going on since the Spring, I haven't had time to do a big commissary run like I normally do. I finally did that today. The same day we had to have the dishwasher repair guy out. Thankfully, Robin had a "comp day" because he worked on Sunday so I could run to the commissary. Oh, and we finally picked new flooring for our kitchen (the horrid parts of our floor are currently being hidden by strategically placed floor mats). We had expected to have installation late this week or early next week. Looks like our floor is on backorder and won't come in until I'm in Canada. Lovely.

In all this craziness, I figured I could start painting today. Ya, except the room I intended to paint still has large pieces of furniture I can't move on my own (shelves, desks, cabinets) and Robin's trying to beg out of it. I've come down with a massive headache and I'm seeing my well laid plans for sprucing up our downstairs come to a screeching halt.

Maybe I'll guilt Robin into helping me move the furniture when the kids are in bed and start priming in the morning. I guess waiting another 12ish hours isn't going to be the end of me, is it?

1 comment:

FlipFlop Mom said...

Oh I'm sooooooooooo jealous.. NEW flooring... how I desperately want a new floor.. and some kitchen stuff.. LOL LOL... I'm jealous!! however I agree.. June has been FULL of stuff to do... and it's almost JULY!!