Sunday, June 29, 2008

I've Decided: Moving Would Have Been Easier

Well, Robin and I moved alllllll the stuff I had packed up out of the old craft room and moved it alllllll to the boys' old room. I spent the day reorganizing and culling my endless supplies. The art teacher at Maddy's school is going to love me in September when I roll in with all those "extras" I had lying around. I've still got a couple of boxes to unload, but I just can't handle the thought of that right now, so I'm skipping that 'til tomorrow and doing this fun meme my friend Christina at Crafty Pumpkin tagged me with:

1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was dating Robin and working full-time as a French Immersion teacher in Ontario, Canada.

2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?
move into my "new" room
give the kids a bath
take a shower
make dinner
collapse in a heap


3) Snacks I enjoy:

hummus and warm pita (YUM!)
fruit; watermelon in particular lately
ice cream (c'mon, I'm being honest now!)
cookies of almost any kind (again with the honesty)
granola bars (can you see a carb theme here?)

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

quit my job and be a SAHM
learn photography
travel the world
pay off my debts, set up trustfunds for my kids and grandkids to be
buy a slightly larger home
donate to causes I deem worthy and underfunded

5) Places I have lived:
London, Ontario
Toronto, Ontario
Gaithersbug, Maryland


6) Jobs I have had:
coffee house "barrista" (long before Starbucks was popular)
dietary "aide" (cleaned up in the hospital kitchen)
hospital laundry worker (grrrrroooooossssssss!)
shoe sales person
substitute teacher (man that's tough work!)
French Immersion classroom teacher (8th grade)
French as a Second Language teacher
Foreign Language teacher

current job: Foreign Language teacher (French) and mom

7) People I want to know more about:
As much as I want to learn about a lot of people, I'm going to "break the chain" here, so to speak, as everyone I would like to learn more about has already received this meme. :D

Thanks for tagging me, Christina. I've enjoyed it!

Tomorrow: priming and painting the family room and LAUNDRY! Holy smokes, the piles in my house are unreal! :S

1 comment:

Crafty P said...

thanks for playing!

You better treat yourself to a weekend off once you've accomplished this major home decluttering! It feels great though, doesn't it?

So proud of all your progress! Makes me giddy!