Monday, June 30, 2008

The Bridezillas Are Somehow More "Interesting"

I finished all my "organizing" and "moving" yesterday so last night, I dropped in a heap on the couch and did some channel surfing. We have an insane amount of channels, three quarters of which I have never watched. Last night, however, was different.

As I searched through the television menu, I happened upon a show called "Bridezillas". The couples in this show had a pretty low to average sized budget and I was intrigued to see where the bridezilla tendencies would pop up. I've often wondered if people would have classified me as a "bridezilla" eight years ago. After watching this show non-stop for four hours; I'd have to venture a guess of a resounding "HELL NO!" And thank goodness. Some of those women were insane!

I also watch "Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?" on the Style Network when I have a hankering for a (usaully) sweet couple with a large-ish bank account. Makes me nostaglic for all the cash I blew at my wedding that I would have been smarter to have saved. But, that's neither here nor there. It's a fun show to watch.

After the Bridezilla marathon (and I swear, I tried to stop watching, but it was like watching a trainwreck), they featured a show called "Platinum Weddings" . This show makes the budget of the "Whose Wedding Is It Anyway" brides seem miniscule in comparison to the bucks they drop.

And ya know what? That show, for all it's luxe and opulence couldn't hold my attention more than the Bridezilla show. In fact, I walked away several times during the airing and couldn't have cared less about the decor or the food. Goes to show "good" t.v. has nothing to do how much the wedding costs. It's all about the drama! LOL!

No comments: