

I'm so utterly pooped right now. I've been working all day at trying to either put stuff in it's place, toss it or donate it. So far, tossing and donating are winning. I can not believe all the stuff I've accumulated in the seven years we've lived in this house.
The first thing I set to this morning was cleaning out what would become the boys' closet. It's been my catch-all closet for six years and it showed! Yikes! I was really happy to be done with it, though. I managed to donate a huge box of books/recipe books, an old old old sewing machine that doesn't work anymore and a bunch of other "stuff" that had been living there for a while.
(a "before" shot of Maddy's room...more pictures of her room later) Then it was on to organizing Maddy's room. We had to move her furniture back in after having painted it two days ago. Once her room was done, it was off to move the boys' stuff down to the old craft room. I got
busy making their room their own while Robin and his brother brought down the boys' furniture. My one brain-child was putting their two dressers in the closet. I love it! They have very few things that need to be hung. Putting the dressers in the room proper would have eaten up a lot of valuable floor space. So, in the closet they went with room to spare and on the remaining floor space I was able to situate their art table (this
is the table's fourth home since Maddy got it for Christmas almost five years ago!), two plastic toy drawers and a shelving unit for books. It's awesome!The boys are in love! I'm in love. My only problem now is that I still need to move all the rest of my stuff that I didn't get moved and organized to the boys' old room and set up in there. Oh, and the family room, which used to be the playroom, also needs to be primed and painted before we leave next week for Canada.
This is what's left after I "organized" and "purged". Moving would be easier, no?Calgon take me away! ;)


3 comments:
ugh. i hear you. you've been WAY more productive than I, though.
sounds like you need a break... how about answering the questions I posted on my MEME over at my place!
you've been tagged. forgive me.
You should treat yourself to a mani/pedi tomorrow. :) I hate packing and going through stuff. ug. ((hugs))
It's one of those things that utterly blows whil you're doing it, but afterwards, it's just such a satisfying feeling!
I know, I cleaned, organized and purged today too. ;)
Post a Comment