and it's name is Chuck E. Cheeses. It is today's version of the seventh circle of hell...and if it isn't the seventh, pick one. I'm sure it will fit somewhere in the nine circles of hell. Oh.my.goodness! How I despise that place! But, somehow, the boys got it in their heads that they wanted to go to good ol' Chuck E's and Robin (stupidly) promised them we'd go.
If I didn't have a headache before entering the place, I certainly had one minutes later. If you've never been, consider yourself blessed! It's an overstimulating "fun" place for kids. Lights, sounds, and way way too many people crammed into one place playing games, going on rides or ordering greasy pizza. Oh.the.joy. I can't tell you how many times I inadvertently bumped into someone or was bumped into by someone because it was so crowded. Then there were the idiot parents who decided this was a good place to let their little hellions...ahem...I mean children loose with no supervision. Talk about scarey when you see a three year old with no adult anywhere near him. What if he got hurt? Or what if he were taken by someone with evil intentions? Why do some parents seem to think that because they're at a "kids place" they can leave their children unattended?
Forget the kids that jumped onto the merry-go-round after all the horses had riders for free. Forget the ones that climbed into the car ride with one of the boys just because there happened to be a "free" seat. By free, I mean they squashed themselves into the car with my kid because heck, it was moving and they wouldn't have to put one of their tokens in. Trust me, I was trying to get rid of all the tokens we had, but geez! I didn't go there to give them to every other person either! All the other games where much too difficult/advanced for our kids which made spending the stupid tokens a nightmare for us.
Oh, and the stupid, scarey Chuck E. that moves and "sings" on stage?! Holy cow he's freaky! My boys wouldn't come to the table because they had to pass in front of that thing! They never did feel comfortable around it and even this morning commented on how they were scared of it. Can't say I blame them all that much. He kinda scared me, too.
Thankfully after the greasy pizza, a few rides and games the kids were content and ok with leaving. Unfortunately, now they want to go again. More unfortunately for Robin is that he promised to take Maddy and a friend this Friday (she has a half day at school) on a playdate there so he can use up all the leftover tokens. Sucker! I get to work! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment