Monday, November 10, 2008

Back To The Regular Grind

Being away from home for four days has messed up my very well-tuned morning schedule. I had to hit the ground running this morning to get coffee, lunches packed, a shower and the kids up and dressed for school. It felt almost like the beginning of the school year when we're all trying to get back into the groove after a lengthy, lazy summer.

School was dreadful today. Everyone was completely hyper and very little good work got done by either the students or me. What an exhausting mess of a day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. We shall see.

Now it's off to get homework done with Maddy and dinner on the stove. It's fairly cool here, so my leftover chicken soup that's in the fridge is a perfect "I don't feel like cooking" meal for tonight. I just can't handle making a more complicated dinner. It's easy and nutritious. I can't manage much more than that tonight.

After that, I plan on banging out our weekly budget with Robin, getting the kids bathed and in bed so I can relax in front of the t.v. and watch Dancing With The Stars (yes, I'm that lame!) and knit more of my beautiful scarf.

No comments: