Today I had to take Maddy to her pre-op appointments. We saw the surgeon who went over what will happen at her surgery to remove her tonsils next Wednesday. Yes. The day before Thanksgiving. Yes, I know it sucks, but that's the date we got...
After our short meeting with the doctor, we went to see anesthesia. We got lost on the way there. We annoyed someone in the office that had a sign that read "Anesthesia". Ya. Well, we eventually found the right place; sat for ten minutes, got called back by a nurse and sat in another room. She didn't do anything but tell me that I need to call Tuesday to find out what time her surgery will be and that she will be spending the night at the hospital. That's it. No tests, no exam. Nada.
We had our first appointment at 8:30 a.m. but were seen at 8:20 and we were out by 9:30 a.m. Awesome! Now, I should have been a "good" mother and delivered my daughter to school. But, I was a "bad" mom and didn't. First of all, she didn't dress in her uniform and I didn't feel like driving all the way home and then all the way back to school and then back home again only to return a few hours later to pick her up. Not only did I save myself time, but gas! I was being fiscally responsible! ;)
Honestly, though; I think we needed some mother-daughter time alone today. The two of us have been rubbing each other the wrong way for a few weeks now. We had a major blow-out yesterday afternoon and after some tears (from both of us) and some snuggling, I decided that no matter what time we were done today, we would just spend time together today.
We went to ACMoore and I got the kids some corkboards. My kiddos love to draw and put up their artwork all over their rooms. Hopefully the corkboards will confine the artwork to the corkboard area (ok, stop laughing! Let me pretend it might actually happen in my perfect world with children, ok?).
We had a nice lunch together and then headed off to see the Three Irish Girls' yarn studio. While I'd been there prior to helping out with "Stitches East", it was such a whirlwind of activity, I didn't really get the full impact and coolness factor of the studio. Sharon gave Maddy the best guided tour ever and her employees were fantastic about showing and explaining what they were doing. We may have a yarnista in the making! ;) And I got some lovely yarn to play with! I can't wait to start my next projects. Yes...projects in the plural! Somebody stop me! Ha!
I'm glad we had some time together. It was a much more peaceful and productive day than we've had in ages.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment