Friday, November 07, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Yesterday and today have been pretty busy days overall. Yesterday morning we were up at the usual time, hustling around getting everyone ready for school. Got the kiddos out the door and dropped off and then Robin and I went for a coffee while we waited for 8 a.m. for our Parent-Teacher Preschool Conference.

We met with the boys' teacher and thankfully, had only good things to say. Apparently William is a ladies man...new "girlfriend" every week. John is being more independant, which is nice to hear. I'm also glad to hear that even though they have a "built-in" support system because they're twins, they don't rely on each other for friendship. They've got friends; together and apart and are happy to play with others as well as with each other.

After that, it was off to my friend's yarn-dying studio to help her and her business partner pack up and load up yarn for the the Stitches East event happening in Baltimore. Lots of beautiful handpainted yarns...so soft to touch. I'm amazed I managed to pack them up and not just cuddle up to them!

We arrived at the convention center and it was all hands on deck getting the booth set up in a mere 4.5 hours. There was a preview for all the knitters who had signed up for classes. It went well, but now, we were all exhausted.

Today was super duper busy. Lots of yarn flying off the shelves. It has been pretty steadily busy that I haven't had a chance to check out any of the other vendors. Then again, that may not be a bad thing--I really don't need to get sucked into another hobby...

No comments: