but all the same, it couldn't have happened at a worse time.
Our fridge died.
I hated our old fridge. It was ugly. It was almond colored. It was 16 years old when we bought the house...did I mention it was ugly? Ya. But it did the job. Kept our food cold. And then this morning...it went kaput. Dead.
Lovely.
It's not like we can't afford a new fridge; it's just...well, right around the holidays seems to be like a sucker punch when you're already shelling out cash for other things. Buying a fridge just isn't "sexy". Buying a flat screen HDTV...now that's sexy. A fridge ain't sexy.
So, we needed to decide whether we were going to buy the "fridge of our dreams" at Sears or some other place like that or whether wer were going to be practical and go to the Scratch'n'Dent place. We went back and forth on the pros and cons of each situation and decided to go to the Scratch'n'Dent place. I decided that when we eventually redo our kitchen, I'll get my dream appliances and we'll just move this fridge downstairs or resell it.
Off to the Scratch'n'Dent place where we got a brand new fridge; still in the box, with a 10 year warranty for only $525! Excellent!
So, now I have a new white fridge that kinda matches my eggshell white stove and doesn't match my black dishwasher at all. LOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
It might be a sucker punch...but you got a great deal!
Post a Comment