Tuesday, November 04, 2008

What A Day!

It's Election Day! Even though I can't vote (see yesterday's entry as to why), I'm very excited to see what the results will be. The polls closed here at 7 p.m. and Robin got there just in time to cast his vote.

Today was supposed to be a very productive day. It didn't turn out that way, though. I took William to see the allergist and asthma specialist (one and the same doctore) and thankfully, his lungs are clear and I didn't get a brow-beating from him about "accidental exposures" to the stuff he's allergic to. We have a protocol to follow that's a little different from last visit about William's asthma. We need to start Singulair in March as a preventative measure for his seasonal allergies that trigger his asthma. Then, if he needs it; Albuterol for his wheezing. If he's not better in 24 hours, we start the Pulmocourt until his symptoms have abaited for 48 hours.

Maddy and William (John went to daycare so I didn't have to wrangle 3 kids...besides, she has already been paid to watch them for the week; might as well take advantage of the service when I need it!)were with me at the appointment and oh my goodness! I almost came home daughter-less after the fiasco of Maddy and William together in the exam room while I spoke with the doctor. They got so carried away, I had to excuse myself three times to calm them down (they were uber loud!). I was totally ticked by the time we left. Sigh. Normally, they're not so bad, but today. Yikes!

I had every intention of cleaning today. Instead, I read. All day. Yes. I neglected my house in order to read. I managed to get some dinner ready for the kids somewhere in there, but reading was pretty much all I managed to do. Oh, well. Sometimes you need lazy days.

Ok...off to watch the election results!

No comments: