Boy, don't I sound all "in with the knitting lingo"? Ha! If only. I'm diving head-first into this new found hobby of mine. I'm just hoping I don't crash and burn. Any time I've picked up knitting, I've put it back down again pretty quickly. This mainly happens because I go too fast and progress to patterns I can't possibly do. This time, I've decided I'm going to take it very, very slowly. So, my next "creation" is another scarf. I know, I know...possibly boring, but honestly, I don't care right now. I just like the calming click of the needles as I make stitch after stitch appear. It gives me great satisfaction to see the scarf get longer that I'm totally with it being "boring" for now. I get to practice my knit and purl and I get to relax in front of the t.v.
What I dislike about this project is the yarn I'm using. I was very spoiled with my first two skeins of yarn I got from my lovely friend. Yarn Love yarn rocks! It's so easy to work with. There's no fighting with it; my wrists and fingers don't hurt after knitting with it for a while. I never knew I ever hurt knitting with this stuff before; it's all I ever knew existed. Well, at least all I could basically find at Michaels and such places. It's Lion's Brand yarn and it's 100% acrylic. Blech! Give me good yarn from now on!
I'm trying to clear out my current crappy stash of yarn I've had for years. I'm going to make scarves to give to the St. Nicolas Festival at the school in December. I have lots of yarn and not really enough time, but I'll get rid of this yarn and then move on to the beautiful, exquisite yarn that does not include acrylic!


1 comment:
You are so inspiring! I would love to be a knitter.
Post a Comment