Well, I guess last night someone was using mind control on me or something because I walked out of the store with having spent no less than $32.12. Yes. I know to some, spending about $30 in the craft store is nothing. But, I haven't spent that much money there in almost eighteen months!
Eighteen months ago, I looked around the craft room and realized I had far more materials than I would ever use. If I kept up at that pace, I'd shortly run out of room and quite honestly, I was spending almost $40 per week in order to pack the room the way it was. So. I just quit cold turkey and have been happily scrapping along with my nicely stocked stack. I've been producing some nice pages as well; at least I think so.
I have, from time to time, replenished my depleated adhesive, cardstock, blades supply because really; you can't really scrapbook without that. Well, ok, not without adhesive and blades. I could have gotten away without the cardstock, but l like a nice solid color as the backdrop for my pages. When I did that, I rarely spent more than $10 at a time and that was few and far between.
So, you see, I spent triple what I would normally spend in a month last night. What a thrill. Yes, I'm that pathetic! ;) But look what I got for my money:
Some $1 stamps. Thankfully, I think these are the "leftovers" from their fall/winter supply. If they'd actually restocked with new stuff I'd have been in deep trouble! Stamps seem to be my downfall lately.
More stamps from the $1 bin. I seriously can't stop myself sometimes.
I also got my ribbon fix last night. They had all Christmas ribbons 70% off. Each was about $0.88 and look how purty! My favorite one is the one in the second picture, first one on the left. So pretty with all the baubles "sewn/knit" into it. Can't wait to play with that one in particular.
Yet another stamp. I'm keen on making some birthday invites at some point so I picked this lovely stamp up. It can be used for any kind of invitation (birthday, shower, party etc.) and I got to use the 50% off coupons, so it was about $5 or so for the gigantic stamp. I admit, I was oogling a bunch of stamps when I was there and it took a lot of self control to not purchase another ten. Sigh. Next 50% off coupon, I'm there, man!
I also bought some smaller cardstock than I'd normally purchase for card making. I'm interested in seeing if I can be creative and inspired in the card making 'world'. It doesn't hurt that my photo order still hasn't made it here and I can't create a scrapbook page yet. I did create a card last night, but would you believe I ran out of adhesive for my xycron machine? :S Figures. I'll post a picture of my latest creation once I pick up some more adhesive. I hope it's on sale!


1 comment:
I love your ribbons! :-D
Post a Comment