
Welcome to another installement of "Works For Me Wednesday" at my little blog courtesy of Rocks in My Dryer! This week, it's all about photo organization. I love to take tons of pictures and I love to scrapbook them. The problem is when I go to scrap them, they're all in those lovely evelopes and I have no way of knowing when I actually took the photos. So, in an effort to be organized and hopefully scrapbook a lot more easily (and potentially more quickly--one can dream, right?) I pulled out this little number:
Yep. A plain ol' index card holder. Only this is the ginormous index card holder thingy. I got it about 10 years ago (I'm so pathetic!) in order to keep "running notes" on my students so when I had report cards or parent conferences etc., I could easily pull the child's name card out and voilĂ ! Ya...didn't get very far with that but it turns out it's the perfect size for 4x6 pictures! Whooohooo! Oh, and better yet, it had these really nifty dividers which, funnily enough, there were 12 of! Who knew? It was written in the stars that I would figure this all out!
So, there you see my "hi-tech" index card dividers. I used one divider per month.
VoilĂ ! You can see my photos all organized behind each month they were taken. Now as I get them printed, they go straight behind the month divider and I'm good to go.
Oh, and lest you think my anal organized self would forget which photos I've already printed off, I've made a running list of the albums I've uploaded. I've put this at the very front of the box before my "January" divider. I've uploaded all of 2007's photos already and as soon as I've worked my way through some I've already developed and have some more money set aside for developing, I'll get a few more sets printed. This way there are no duplicates -- unless of course you're distracted while ordering online and inadvertently order two sets of Maddy starting Kindergarten, that is. :S


2 comments:
I need help. I'm about 10 years behind on photo organization! I'll try this - it looks simple enough for me! Here from Rocks in My Dryer...
genious, F! I do believe that is the method that Stacy Julian (big picture scrapbooking) recommends!
Post a Comment