Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Jumping Back On To The Hamster Wheel

First day back after Winter Break. Tiring just isn't the word for it. Thankfully, my students were still half asleep and half dazed so they didn't seem to be too bad today. My only saving grace this week is that we have no team meetings. Halleluia! I feel like a big blob sitting in on those meetings. I have about 15 students on the team that I attend. Maybe 2 of them have any "issues" I need to bring up to the other 8th grade team teachers. Generally, even my two "issues" kids aren't the ones on which we need to focus our collective attention.

My plan was to plan for the rest of the week and start grading. Yeah. Didn't happen. I suck. I can't quite get into the groove yet, but I'm going to have to quickly! I have to get those projects done and graded by Friday. I love the project; just hate the fact that they're so darn BIG and they take up so much room! I can't just lug 'em home and grade them on the couch in front of the t.v. either which royally sucks. Anyway, that's on the agenda for tomorrow. I think the students are getting some review work for tomorrow while I try to catch up on grading. Ah, the joy of teaching!

Maddy went back to school as well today. They had a dress down, out of uniform day. It was actually kinda fun picking out an outfit to wear. She has one more tomorrow. I'll have to rummage through her dresser to find a suitable outfit. Friday, the lucky duck, has an early dismissal. Uniform day, mass and 11:30 dismissal! Like I said; Lucky Duck!

The boys will have their super duper birthday celebrations tomorrow and Friday. Tomorrow they will be celebrating a day early with their Preschool class. Cupcakes are baked and waiting to be frosted. I still need to get the cake ready for daycare on Friday. It's just a few kids, but I like having something for them to share with their daycare buddies.

Nothing like jumping back onto the hamster wheel of life. Maybe one day I'll actually get somewhere...right?

2 comments:

Suzy said...

welcome back to the hamster wheel! i can't believe the boys will be 4 soon. i can't wait to see pictures (hint, hint). :)

Miss French Jessica said...

No worries, Suzy! I'll be updating with pictures of the boys this weekend for sure! Stay tuned! :D