Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Jumping In On: Works for Me Wednesdays

courtesy of Crafty P and Rocks in My Dryer! I've been toying with this for a few months, but I decided today that it would be a great item to add into my blogging rotation seeing as I'm doing the Blog 365 Challenge. ;)

Anyway, even though today's Works for Me Wednesday over at Rocks in My Dryer is a Backward's Edition, I'm just going to do a regular one for my first entry ever!

My "Works for Me!" item this week is this cute little number:


Now that Maddy's at school fulltime, I feel badly that I can't get her a hot meal at lunch. While she likes sandwiches just fine, she gets pretty bored with them on a daily basis. I came across this thermos right after the Back to School shopping craziness was over at our local Target. It was in the clearance area making it a doubly sweet score! I think I paid a couple of dollars for it and it's been used so often, it's paid for itself.
Whenever we have something like pasta, Maddy always asks for some for lunch. I portion out the leftovers and pop 'em in the fridge. In the morning, I pop the food into the microwave for a couple of minutes in a bowl, not the thermos, and them pop the warmed food into the thermos for Maddy to enjoy at lunch time.
I've asked Maddy whether the food is warm enough, and she hasn't complained so far. She's had everything from soup to pasta to turkey pot pie to kielbasi and green beans in her thermos for lunch. She gets the food she likes and I get to feed her healthy, nutritious meals that I don't have to do any extra prep for and don't cost me the regular $4 per meal fee her school charges for an equally nutritious lunch (and I give her school two thumbs up for their hot lunch program! It's awesome!). Win-win!
Oh, and yes, I did pick up a couple of extras for when the boys start Kindergarten!

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Cool thermos! Kudos for the school serving healthy lunches. Can't wait to read your WFMW (I debated it myself at one time).