Maddy got her first, official report card yesterday. We had an oral report for her first trimester at school with her teacher where we were told she was adjusting well to Kindergarten, was a well-liked girl and worked very well in class. That, along with some work samples, made us very happy parents.
Yesterday, we got the "official" report card- you know, the one with grades and everything. Even though I teach and have filled out hundreds upon hundreds of report cards over the past thirteen years, there's just something about being on the other side of the report card that makes it just a touch more "scarey". I'm sure all parents get a little anxious about seeing their kids' report cards for many, many reasons. But, as a teacher myself, I just feel like there's so much more pressure for my kids to be "smart" and "progressing well" at school; both academically and socially. I just feel like if they're not, somehow, as a parent and as a teacher, I've failed them somehow.
It was with a huge sigh of relief that I saw that Maddy had received all "P" (Progressing Well) and only one "N" (Needs Further Attention). The "N" was in the area of knowing her telephone number. Whew! Thankfully, it's nothing we can't tackle and learn fairly quickly and easily with some work. She did, however, receive a "*P" in the area of handwriting. It seems my child has a "untraditional pencil grip". In other words, my kid can't seem to hold the pencil the way she's supposed to be holding it. Apparently, there's not a huge concern because even though she holds it in the strangest way (and way too hard to explain!), her letters are well formed and her writing is legible.
So, my question is this: Should we be saving for tuition to Harvard or Yale? ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I say DARTMOUTH!!!! Ü Great Job.. we got report cards yesterday too!!!
Post a Comment