curious children and computer screens do not mix. Just in case you're wondering what happens when you roll a magnet over a computer screen...let me tell you from first hand experience it isn't pretty. Well, actually, while the magnet is rolling over the screen pulling all the color out of the screen and producing what can only be described as a psychadelic throwback to a '60's induced acid trip, after it's over, it leaves your screen lacking the brightness of color it once had.
I suspect if the 5.5 year old in question hadn't been so enamoured with the coolness of the color rainbow she created, and hadn't shown me the lovely effects her magnet had on the screen, we probably would be down one computer monitor at this point.
Oh, another PSA: if you're on a business trip to New York and want to get your kids a toy as a souvenir...the magnet balls aren't such a great idea. Just a suggestion is all. ~sigh~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
GASP!! OH NO!!!!!!!! I'm so sorry!!! :( I threw my mouse into my computer room a few months ago.. to just put it on my desk.. and it hit the keyboard and smashed into my flat screen monitor... sighhhh I was heartbroken for being so stupid...
Kids are awesome though!! They really are.. * big grins*
My kids did this once, and I discovered that usually you can "degauss" your monitor. You can do an internet search on how to do this, there are many methods and most of them are pretty easy. I found out that our monitor actually had a degauss function that you can start from the monitor's menu option. I hope this works for you!
Post a Comment