Thursday, January 31, 2008

I've Met The "Perfect" Person

and her name is Madeleine. Oh, yes. You read that right. My daughter is the self-proclaimed "perfect" person. She has never messed up. Unlike her mother, of course!

Today I was a touch late getting into the carpool lanes. It was partly my fault for leaving work 2 minutes later than I normally do, partly the fault of idiot drivers who can't seem to go the speed limit and partly the fault of the moron who parked in the middle of the carpool lanes making it next to impossible to easily fit all the cars waiting to pick up their students. I had just managed to get close to the school in the second to last lane when they rang that stupid bell.

CRAP! Unfortunately, Maddy saw me and a teacher had to hold her back while she motioned to me to circle around for the second carpool shift. Great. I sat there grumbling and cursing everyone known to man about my ridiculous luck. I felt awful that I didn't get there in time and thought it was ridiculous that I now needed to circle 'round for the second shift. But, rules are rules and I just decided to try and get over my bad mood quickly and move on.

As soon as I circled round and got out of the car, Maddy ran to me and bawled her eyes out. She was so angry that I wasn't able to get her for the first round. When I questioned why she was freaking out, thinking maybe she thought I'd forgotten her or that I was leaving without her, she declared she knew I wasn't going to abandon her, but she was mad that I didn't get there on time.

Trying to be sympathetic to her feelings, I told her I was sorry and that I wasn't perfect. She then retorted: "Well, I'M perfect!" Lovely.

So there you go, folks. My daughter: the perfect person.

Can you tell how much I'm looking forward to the teenage years? :S

1 comment:

FlipFlop Mom said...

LOVED LOVED LOVED this story!!!! Hmm wonder how many times that's going to come back to haunt her....But it WAS cute!!!!!