I'm ready to be home again. I love visiting with them, but I miss my space terribly. At my dad's place, we all share one level of a back-split floor plan. It's a big, open room that is mainly a family room/t.v. room, but when we come, it transforms into our bedroom. Just one. For the five of us. Privacy is at a premium.
The worst part of our sleeping arrangements is that I can't kick Robin in the leg in the middle of the night when he snores to wake the dead. Why? Oh, because after numerous attempts at sleeping on a blow-up mattress, we've given up and sleep in separate twin beds with the hardest mattresses known to mankinds. So, not only do I not get to snuggle with my man, I also have to try and wake him every so often because of his incessant snoring. Unlike at home, I can't shoo him off to the couch so we can both get a decent sleep.
Sleep has been at a premium for me this visit. I think I slept the best the first night we were here. But, then again, I'd also been up since 1 a.m. so I'm sure sheer exhaustion had something to do with how well I slept. Also, my kids get up at the butt-crack of dawn so sleeping in doesn't happen. At home, at least, they can pull out their toys and have at it while I try to haul my butt out of bed. Here, unless I want a revolt on my hands, I need to haul tush pretty early. I can't allow them to get loud and crazy until my siblings and dad wake up so it's a pretty hushed affair getting breakfast and changing out of pj's.
We leave for home around 3 a.m. tomorrow. I'll be glad when I step foot in my small, but comfortable house where I can just relax. I'll miss my family, but before long it'll be summer and we'll be here for over two weeks. Just me and the kids (Robin doesn't get as much vacation as I do...). Just me chasing them around and keeping them occupied...at least I'll be able to sleep sans snoring...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Honey, I hope you sleep again soon.
Post a Comment