Tuesday, September 02, 2008

First Day Of School!

Today was Maddy's first day of school! She started first grade today! I can barely believe she's old enough for first grade!

Unfortunately, I was not able to take her to school. Such is the life of a teacher--we're always there for the first day of school; just not for our kids. It stinks, but next year, I'm going to make it a priority to take all the kids to school on the first day; especially because the boys will be in Kindergarten next year! Yikes!

Maddy was very excited when I picked her up from school today. The biggest news about first grade was all about the desks! Yes, the desks! No longer a baby Kindergartener with tables to share with a group and cubbies to store your treasures. As a first grader, she gets her own desk! Nothing beat that today. Ha!

Her teacher's name is Miss Simmons. Apparently, from what I've been told, Miss Simmons has only been teaching 3 to 4 years. She scares me! She is so beyond organized (as witnessed by her summer homework and website) that she could be a vetern teacher. Man, I'm not that organized...maybe it's not fear so much as jealousy I feel! ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing what Maddy learns this year. She's very excited to learn and do new things. I can't wait to see her blossom!

No comments: