Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Where Did The Day Go?

Here it is, after 9 p.m. and I just got home after leaving at 6:30 a.m.! What the heck?!

Today was super duper busy. I'm still getting used to my new schedule. It's totally throwing me for a loop. I teach Period 1, off for Team Meetings Period 2, teach Periods 3 through 5 straight, break for lunch, teach Period 6 and then Department Meetings last period. Ack! By the time I get to lunch, I'm ravenous and a half an hour just isn't enough time to decompress. On the bright side, the day goes really quickly!

Tonight Maddy also started soccer practice. I wondered how my little ballerina would fair, but so far, she seems to have enjoyed it and took to the drills well. But holy moly was it HOT outside! Not just hot, but really, really humid, too. Thankfully, the soccer coach had them take several water breaks and thankfully, I remembered to bring her water bottle!

Right after soccer, I had to race over to the school for the boys' Preschool Back to School Night. Even though I've been there for the past three years and am very aware of what happens and when, I went because, well, that's just what I do. It was nice to see that their teacher from last year will be looping with them. This makes me more at ease with William's peanut allergy issues as she knows all about the Epi-Pen and the precautions we need to have in place for him.

After the Back to School Night, off I raced home to compose two tests I'm supposed to give tomorrow. I've got the first one done, and am feeling completely unmotivated to complete the second. So, here I sit, blogging away. I'm tired, but I need to get this done.

So, with that, I bid you "adieu" until I blog again! ;)

No comments: