Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"Wow! She Has Some Big Tonsils!"

This is what I heard the ENT doctor exclaim this morning about my 6 year old. Yes. Yes she does. Thanks for stating the obvious, dude! That would be why we're here. She has some big ol' tonsils and it's causing her sleep issues. Namely, she snores and she'll gasp for air during the night.

I noticed the snoring when she was three and we were all cooped up in the same room at night at my dad's house that summer. I took her to the doctor's who referred her to an ENT who told me we needed them out. I kinda freaked at the thought of my three year old undergoing surgery so I decided to get a second opinion. I just waited another three years to get it!

I noticed her gasping this past summer. Once again, cooped up in the same room a night at my dad's house. That was what pushed me to get our second opinion. Went to the ped, got the referral and it was unanimous. She needs her tonsils out.

Now I'm waiting for them to call me with a surgery date. I was told it would be about six weeks out. So, that puts us about mid-November. Hopefully, she will feel better before Thanksgiving because how sucky would that be to have surgery and feel bleck around the holidays?

No comments: