My husband took Kyle to the Redskins game today. Great. I'm all for father-son bonding over the pig skin. Gives me some non-football Sunday me time. Or so I thought.
I was informed yesterday afternoon that my brother-in-law was coming over for the game. I looked at my husband quizzicaly and asked him whether his plans with Kyle had changed. No, apparently, his plans were the same. Huh? They why is Jeff coming to our place to watch the game on our t.v.? I know he's got one...
Oh, well, apparently he wanted to come over and watch it and then make english muffin pizzas with the kids. Uh...ok....So much for the pigskin free Sunday for me...
Now he's here, the kids are NUTS because they love to use Uncle Jeff as their own personal jungle gym (because they really love fun Uncle Jeff as opposed to stuffy mommy). They're blocking the t.v. screen because they're in full-on goof mode for their uncle and I can hear a hint of frustration in Jeff's voice because he can't see the screen.
Sigh...
Well, back to grading papers...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Try to look at the bright side: FREE BABYSITTER! Hope the grading is going well.
Suzy's right. I would be bugged, too, but at least you are justified in allowing Uncle Jeff to deal with the monkeys, right? :)
Maybe you could send him to their bedroom to roughhouse. LOL Hopefully he wore everyone out and it was an early night.
Cece
Well, he'll probably never come back for a game after the kids jumping on him while he's trying to watch. What did he think would happen in a house full of kids?
Post a Comment