Oh my goodness! I feel like a horrible mother and a rotten teacher! I completely misread Maddy's summer homework! She didn't do her journal! Ack! This whole summer I thought the daily homework calendar was her homework. Apparently, I was wrong!
A direct quote from her teacher's homework page online:
Summer Journal All Subjects
I would like your child to keep a journal over the summer.
Whenever your child goes on an adventure big or small, he/she can draw or write sentences about what he/she did. For example, if your family goes to the beach for the weekend, have your child draw or write about what you did at the beach. Please complete at least five entries and bring it in during the first week of school to share with the other children. Some children last year made his/her journal into a scrapbook of his/her summer by adding photographs and pictures. It became a wonderful keepsake! Also, please practice writing alphabet in both lowercase and uppercase form and writing numbers 1-30 in this journal.
Noooooooo!!!! I want to slap myself on the head right now! I totally and completely missed this part. The only saving grace right now is that there are only five entries to do and thankfully, my child likes to write and draw.
She's working on it right now and I swear I'm going to lose my mind soon. I hate not having stuff done! I can not believe we're doing this the day before she goes back to school! Ack! I am grateful, however, that I did decide to put her backpack together tonight with all her papers and other work. Can you just imagine if I'd waited until the morning?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I can imagine what it would have been like if you'd waited until tomorrow morning-- because things like that have happened in my house more than once!
School starts tomorrow here and I just went school shopping for the first time yesterday. I hope I can finish it up today!
I can totally see that happening to us! Don't sweat it. Even if you knew about the assignment, I doubt it would have been a priority this summer. Andrew actually wanted to keep a journal this summer, so we went to the store and let him pick one out in early June. Do you know how many times he wrote in it? About three times the first week he owned it. Ha!
Glad you saw it tonight! Don't freak out though. I'd hope the teacher (and I'm a teacher) would understand your situation!
Post a Comment