Wow, for a four day week, it sure has been LONG! What a week! I'm so ready for a break and so thankful it's Friday.
The boys started Preschool today. Unfortunately, Robin didn't take any pictures of them as he was running late this morning. ~sigh~ I guess I'll have to "restage" their first day next Friday when they go for a full session. Today was just the "dry run" with kids and parents in the room. According to Robin, the boys did really well so I don't feel too guilty about not sending them in on Wednesday. I would if the time didn't stink! They do a staggered entry with a shortened period. They want the kids in from 9:30-11. Well, that's all well and good if you don't have to be at work (and I suspect not all that attractive if you don't either), but there's no way either Robin or I could get them there. So, they're going to go on the first full day. I don't think there will be any issue.
Maddy had a half day and then had a doctor's appointment. Apparently I have a very healthy child (other than her unexplained hives!). She's in the 90th percentile for height and the 70th percentile for weight. She's definitely going to be taller than me...then again, seeing as I'm no giantess at the great height of 5'4.5" (yes, the 1/2 inch is very important to stress!), it's not a great surprise that one day she'll tower over me. Oh, well.
She does, however, have enormously large adenoides (man, did I even spell that correctly?). She has trouble breathing at night. We had her evaluated at about 3, and the doctor we saw wanted her to have them removed. I hemmed and hawed and didn't get it done. Now, I notice her breathing isn't getting any better; especially at night, so I asked Robin to ask the doctor to look at them again. She's been referred to an ENT doctor and we'll get a second opinion on the adenoide removal.
I'm so glad it's the weekend. We're expecting Hurricane Hannah to hit the area tonight/early tomorrow morning. Wish us luck that it isn't anything more than some rain. I'm not a fan of rains, winds and flooding!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment