Sunday, October 26, 2008

Almost There

Our quarter ends on Halloween. How appropriate! Ha!

I'm almost done all the grading I need to do. Everything I've been schlepping home this past week and ignoring ('cause man, it's such a royal pain to grade after doing everything else in the evenings!), is finally graded! Yippee!

My goal is to have the unit test I'm giving tomorrow and the projects I assigned and were due Friday (which are way too big to schlep home) will be done by Tuesday so I have time to get all my grades reviewed and ready to go by Friday.

We have a report card prep day on Monday, November 3rd. I plan to get a bunch of planning done because I'll be gone on Thursday and Friday. I need to get a good start to second quarter and really work hard with my students. I want them to have a good handle on the curriculum and I don't want to feel stressed when exams hit...which is always sooner than I expect. They seem to sneak up on me every year.

Anyway, those are the grand plans. We shall see whether it works out or not. Now all I need to do is go to bed! Good night! :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always wondered how crazy it must get for teachers at report card time. Especially for grades in the secondary level. Sounds as crazy as some of my weeks where I work.