Monday, October 06, 2008

It's That Time Of Year Again

Time to meet with my financial "guru" guy. Time to go over my 403b investments. With the recent tumbling of the Stock Market and Washington needing to bail out Wall Street, I doubt that there's going to be much good news on that front. In fact, I try not to look too hard at my monthly statements because I get so depressed. Seriously, I'm going to have to work until I'm 80 if I'm lucky with all the crapola going on in our financial world.

Hopefully David (financial "guru" guy) will help us shift some stuff around and hopefully my money will not tumble into oblivion. We also need to check on the kids' college funds and pray they're doing ok. I swear I just want to pull all my money out and sock it under my mattress the way things are going these days.

It's got to get better, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it went better than expected. At our last statement, both kids' college funds were each down $1K. I hate to see the next one.

Suzy said...

I hope it went well...or as well as can be expected. You are ahead of a lot of people by even having a retirement fund and college savings. They'll come back, it'll just take a while.