Friday, October 24, 2008

Pave Paradise...

">

Apparently that's what my city's doing. Ugh! I'm so disgusted.

On my way to get the boys at daycare this afternoon, I noticed something different about the main road I usually travel. It seemed...wider somehow. I kept trying to figure out what was different until it hit me: they'd taken down 95% of the trees that had lined the grassy median strip that separated the two lanes. What the heck? WHY?

It used to be so beautiful driving down that stretch of road; especially in the fall with all the different colored leaves. Now it just looks stupid. Tree stumps line the area where once there were beautiful trees. I have no idea why they were taken down, but it wasn't just the grassy median area. It was also on the road sides.

I guess maybe they're tired of the clean up and maintenance? Ironically enough, however, they didn't cut down thd damn weed that's grown to the size of a baby tree. No, that's attractive...gotta keep that one up. Idiots.

No comments: