Tuesday, December 02, 2008

And So It's Begun

All Christmas music all the time. Gah!

I love Christmas music as much as the next guy, but one station in our area has had it playing since before Thanksgiving. Every.single.song. is a Christmas song. And not even the good ones. Some of them are so ridiculously bad they're cringe-worthy.

My least favorites are the ones by the ex-Beetles John McCartney and John Lennon respectively. I know all Beetle fans will want to hunt me down, strap me into a chair and force me to listen to those two and/or their band on an endless loop. That, honestly, would be my version of hell (or at least pretty darn close to it!)

I absolutely detest McCartney's Wonderful Christmas Time:




I don't know if it's the crappy techno-music that's in there or the ridiculous lyrics. I don't know, but I detest it. I will change the radio station if I hear it playing.

The Lennon song So This Is Christmas bugs me, too.



I can tolerate this one better than the McCartney tune; but only slightly. It's so damn depressing. Man, I know that we should be working towards world peace and harmony and togetherness, but shoot, I don't need a lecture at Christmas time! I don't know. Maybe I'm just heartless, but I don't want to be preached at in a Christmas song.

So, for the next month or so, I will be avoiding that radio station at all costs. I will be happy when we go back to regular programming!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I HAAATE both of those songs. And I'm even a Beatles fan. HATE those songs.