Monday, December 01, 2008

Tell Me Something I Didn't Know...

It was just announced this evening that the US has been in a recession for a year. No kidding.

And just a year or so ago, I remember being told by the "higher ups" that everything was rosey. Nope, no recession. Nope. No slowing down of the economy. Nope.

I wonder if this was the "ostrich with it's head in the sand" syndrome. You know, if you don't admit there's a problem, there isn't a problem and we can all pretend life is great all the time.

But over the past year I've been noticing gas prices inching up. My groceries are costing me more. The things I want to buy are just a little out of reach and require some decent thought and savings to purchase if I don't want to run up my debt (ain't ever gonna happen again!). I've even noticed a decline in the "No interest for one year!" credit card applications.

My 403b is kaput thanks to Wall Street and I don't even want to know what's happened to the kids' college funds.

No recession my tushie!

I'm so glad the people in Washington have finally pulled their heads out of the sand. Now we need to do something.

No comments: