and a couple of weeks pass by and you still haven't done what you were supposed to have done? And you have a major deadline and you freak out a little? And then you get your rear in gear and get it done, griping about it the whole time? Oh, and finding those things that have to be taken care of immediately or you just would die if you didn't (you know, like trying to pose three crazy kids for their Christmas card photos and then trying to find the right layout in Snapfish/Shutterfly/Kodak wherever to make up said Christmas card...)?
Ya. That was me today. Man, I HATE grading stuff. I hate it even more when I know half of the kids didn't put any effort into their work (and it's a SUMMATIVE [read worth 50% of their grade] assignment!). Gah!
I found every single reason in the world to not grade but alas, interims come out this week and having the projects hanging over my head any longer would have seriously driven me insane.
So, I sat down and plowed through grading three class sets of sometimes godawful and sometimes fantastic and mostly ok projects while watching the Harry Potter marathon on ABC Family (like, what else was I supposed to watch?).
In between all that, I took the kids' pictures for the yearly Christmas photo card; chose the layout and submitted it for printing. Hopefully it will be here this week sometime and I can get them out quickly. We'll see what my turn-around time is like.
I also ran out and did groceries, put them away, made dinner (roast beef, mashed potatos and Brussel sprouts [Robin love 'em, the rest of us choke 'em down a few times a year to appease him for having to eat cauliflower that he detests]) and took Maddy to get a new winter coat.
Oh, you don't even want to hear the language that came flowing freely from my mouth when I discovered the entire "zip" part of the zipper came off and there was no earthly way to reattach it. Stupid coat! I paid good money for that and now I can't return it as it's been too long and I don't have the vendors address to return it. Sigh.
Anyway, all that to say: I'M FINALLY DONE GRADING...until Wednesday when I give a unit test. Ya. I'm that stupid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment