Monday, December 08, 2008

I Miss Her

Five years later, and I still miss her.

Hit me like a ton of bricks this morning.

Total melt-down at my desk this morning (thankfully before students arrived) brought on by a stupid email that should never have bothered me as much as it did.

Why do I feel so raw this year? Why THIS year?

Is it because as my boys get older, I realize they have never ever had a photo of them and my mom? Is it because as the boys get older, I realize how much time really has passed and that I'm just not over having lost her so early?

I miss my mom so much.

4 comments:

kimberly/tippytoes said...

Hugs F!

Suzy said...

Hugs. It is never easy, but some years are definitely worse than others. (((F)))

Rachel said...

Big hugs to you, sweetie!

Muganoot Mommy said...

Oh, F, I know what you mean. I just lost my mom last month, and I don't know how I'll get through the holidays. Probably not very well.

Hugs to you. I hope the pain eases a bit.