Wednesday, December 17, 2008

How Do I Get Myself Into These Things?

Last Sunday evening I get a frantic phone call from one of the Room Moms. She wants to know if I'll be the "go to" person for the first grade Christmas party on Friday. Um...huh? I had no idea someone was supposed to be the "go to" person. I, foolishly, thought that was the Room Mom's job: email the people who are supposed to bring something in for the holiday they were signed up for and tell 'em what to send in.

Apparently, I was wrong.

So, somehow, I became the "go to" person. Problem? Well, it turns out the teacher doesn't want a big "to do" in the class (NO arguments from me!). She just wants a snack and a drink as she'll be showing a movie. Cool!

Again, doesn't seem like a problem, does it? And, overall, it isn't a HUGE problem. Just aggrevating. I ended up being the "snack" person while another mom is taking on the "drink". No one else who is signed up for this event needs to bring anything.

I don't mind providing a snack (really!). It's just now I'm trying to figure out WHAT to send in. They've been celebrating December birthdays for the past week and a half and have had so much sugar in the form of donuts, cupcakes and other fine desserts, I worry about sending in more sugar ladened snacks.

Now I need to decide what I'll send it and PRONTO. I need to make it fairly soon as the boys have their Christmas concert tomorrow evening (since it was postponed due to inclement weather last night).

Any suggestions?

No comments: