My mother-in-law, who I love dearly (really; this is not sarcasm in the least) told me today while I was over at her place helping her and her daughter make gwimpki (I have absolutely no idea how to write this dish's name. It's Polish. It's good. That's all I know) that they and her sister had made pierogi.
I am annoyed.
I make the pierogi.
I've been making them for almost 10 years now.
They didn't have pierogi on their Christmas Eve menu until I brought them the year Robin and I were dating.
They're my thing to bring; what I'm known for, so to speak.
Now I have nothing to bring and I'm annoyed and bummed.
I have been very pleasant about the whole thing. I will not make a fuss about it to her. There is no point. I know she didn't make them to "take them away" from me. I know she's been after her sister to show her how to make them for a few years now and finally the stars aligned and they did them. I know she's very proud that she was able to finally make them.
So, I will not be annoyed in front of her. But I am still annoyed. So there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment