Ok, I tried to bake something for Maddy's class Christmas party tomorrow. I really did. I scoured the allercipes site until I happened upon a recipe that looked easy, delicious and somewhat nutritious. Peanut Butter Banana Bread. What could be better, right?
Well, I started mixing together all the ingredients when I realized I didn't have enough bananas. No problem; I subbed in some applesauce. That's the same, right? Thankfully, I baked it for less time than was recommended as it was pretty dark on top when I pulled it out and the knife I inserted came out clean.
Tonight, I sliced into it so I could package it up to send off tomorrow. The thing is not as moist as I'd like. I managed to burn around the edges and to top it off, I couldn't slice it and get it all out of the pan without it breaking apart on me. ~sigh~
So, after the boys' Christmas concert tonight, I'm going to head over to the supermarket and pick up something "festive" for the party. I just can't handle another attempt at a snack tonight.
Here's the recipe if you want to try it. I'd check out the modifications others have made to the recipe...in my humble opinion, it could use some!
Peanut Butter Banana Bread
INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 bananas, mashed
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
Add eggs; beat well. Stir in peanut butter, bananas, flour and baking soda until blended.
Fold in walnuts.
Pour into prepared pan.
Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
wow. How do you manage to have peanut butter in the house? That would scare the pants off me. I get nervous just walking down the peanut butter aisle. You must have some pretty extensive anti cross contamination skills!
I keep the peanut butter in my topmost pantry. It actually only rarely comes out. Baking wasn't an issue as I baked after kids were in bed and then a good scrubbing of my kitchen, pots, pans etc. The baked good was kept up high out of reach. This certainly wasn't going to be a treat I gave my Peanut Allergy son; just using up some leftover stuff and sending in for a somewhat healthy snack for my daughter's class where there is no nut allergy. In any case, the bread's been dumped as it's not usuable for it's intended purposes and all is well.
Post a Comment