apparently this is how John thinks the Offeratory works at mass.
We went to church last night and the highlight of the evening (besides trying to corral three kids who were acting much more naughty than nice and causing quite the scene...gah!) was when the Offeratory basket came to our pew.
I had the envelope ready, but they kids get upset if anyone but them is allowed to place it in the basket. So to avoid more craziness in our pew than necessary, Robin usually gives two of them a couple of coins to drop in and the other gets to put in the envelope. Maddy got to drop the envelope in this week, so the boys both got coins.
As the basket went to the usher, I happened to glance at John and noticed he had something in his hand. When I further inquired as to what it was, a smile of sheer joy crossed his face as he showed me his coin. Upon seeing the surprised reaction on my face and me telling him he was supposed to put it in the basket he replied:
"Mommy, it's one for God and one for me! It's only fair!"
Now you try stiffling a giggle at that...the older lady behind us couldn't! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Sometimes you just have to smile and place that memory in the back of your mind for later. Too cute.
Cece
Now that is funny!
Now that is funny. I am glad I wasn't behind you because it would have been full out, shoulder shaking, laughter.
Post a Comment