Friday, December 28, 2007

And It's Begun

The yearly onslaught of weight loss and exercise dvd/plans commercials and ads. :S I hate them so much. Nothing like making you feel like you're the biggest cow on the planet. I just love waking up to see Valerie Bertinelli hawk Jenny Craig or some other former fatty tell me "I lost XX lbs and now my husband can't keep his hands off me! ~giggle like a little school girl~". It's insulting. At least they have the decency to wait until after Christmas before they attack you at every turn...I guess...

I love Christmas, but I hate that mere hours after the holiday, companies are vyying to see how badly they can make you feel about the foods you've consumed over the holidays and get your business to help you shed the weight. Even the magazines get in on the act with their delectable desserts pictured on the cover and a headline that screams "Lose 20 lbs by Valentine's Day" or "Walk the Pounds Off--Here's How!" Ya. Thanks, but a two paragraph blurb telling me to "schedule" my workouts and keep a food journal aren't going to work for me. If a personal trainer magically appeared upon opening of the magazine that would kick my butt, then I'd be buying it completely! LOL. I somehow doubt that!

Losing weight has been so hard for me, so maybe that's why I'm so sensitive to these ads coming at me from all angles. I'm working on it, but I just hate being bombarded with it every single time I turn on the t.v., radio or am waiting in line at the store. I'm following what the doctor's told me to do and I hope that by summer, I'm looking better than I do now. Until then, maybe I should turn the radios and t.v.s off and not look at the magazines while shopping.

1 comment:

kimberly/tippytoes said...

I hate this so much too. My aqua aerobics class is going to be crammed for the next six weeks or so until people start dropping off.

Good for you with the doctor's plan. It is a much healthier way to go about things, IMO.