Do You Hear What I Hear?
Said the night wind to the little lamb
Do you see what I see?
'Way up in the sky, little lamb
Do you see what I see?
A star, a star
Dancing in the night
With a tail as big as a kite
With a tail as big as a kite
Said the little lamb to the shepherd boy
Do you hear what I hear?
Ringing thru the sky, shepherd boy
Do you hear what I hear?
A song, a song
High above the tree
With a voice as big as the sea
With a voice as big as the sea
Said the shepherd boy to the mighty king
Do you know what I know?
In your palace warm, mighty king
Do you know what I know?
A Child, a Child Shivers in the cold
Let us bring Him silver and gold
Let us bring Him silver and gold
Said the king to the people ev'rywhere
Listen to what I say!
Pray for peace, people ev'rywhere
Listen to what I say!
The Child, the Child Sleeping in the night
He will bring us goodness and light
He will bring us goodness and light
Well, if anyone had been watching me this past weekend, they certainly wouldn't have seen a woman who was intent on celebrating the true meaning and reason for Christmas. You would have seen a woman, stressed out and half-crazed about gifts for this person and that person and everyone in between. You would have seen a woman who would melt into a puddle of tears at the slightest thing.
You would not have seen a woman who knows what and why we celebrate this day. It isn't about the gifts, it isn't about how well a cookie turned out or whether the bark was a decided disaster. I'm embarassed at how much time and energy I wasted feeling so out of sorts and stressed. This isn't how I wanted to spend the Christmas Season.
John is in his room right now singing such a beautiful song. I think it sums up the joy I should be feeling and what we all should be celebrating:
"Bells are ringing! Bells are ringing! Baby Jesus born today!"
Sometimes a child is the best messenger of the Good News, huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
ahhhhhhhh this is a beautiful post and a BEAUTIFUL reminder!!!!! I so love that song.. and even through the ruffle and bustle of this time of year.. we do have to STOP and Just LISTEN sometimes.. Ü
Post a Comment