Thursday, December 27, 2007

How Pathetic

My daughter has a more active social calendar lately than I do! How sad is that? LOL. Ok, I'm not terribly upset, but it does make me realize how lucky she's got it compared to me at that age. I don't think I'd attended a friend's birthday party until I was something like 13. This girly will have gone to five this month alone. She's gone to a Princess Tea Party that she thought was the cat's meow. She went to one at the Rec Center complete with Mad Scientist and pizza! The next one she went to was also a Mad Scientist one and she brought home some pretty nifty things in her goody bag include "goo" and some "ice cream" that was all dots. She was just a trifle mystified by it, but did tentatively try it and declared it OK, but "I don't really like vanilla ice cream flavor." She went to one today at Build a Bear and came home with "Gabriella" a pretty stuffed doll with a "really cool outfit, Mommy! Look, isn't she cool?!"

The last one on the calendar is Sunday. It's at a cheer place. I'm scared. I'm afraid she'll come home more girly than she is and insist on cheer lessons and/or gymnastics lessons. Somehow, I think that's a pretty good possibility. I'm really not looking forward to that little discussion. Ack!

On another note, I had another visit with the Behavioral Psychologist. It took me forever to get another appointment scheduled as the call center (this is military health) claimed I needed a referral and they didn't see a referral in the system. Forget that the doctor himself told me to call and I had already seen the man; nope! A referral, damnit! After much calling around, I decided to just go straight to the higher ups...the doctor himself. I let him know what was going on and wham! Presto; a call from the call center manager himself. Got me an appointment lickity split! LOL. Figures.

Anyway, on the way to his office he took a "quick weight check" :S on the scales as we passed. Let's just say for someone who's supposed to be losing weight; I'm not doing so hot! Sigh.... I gained four pounds in the two and a bit weeks since I saw him last. Oh well, it was Christmas and I didn't really do anything he told me, so...back on track this week!

I have some "assignments" before I go back next time (date yet to be determined...we'll see if I have any issues with the call center again! ;) ). I need to carve time out of my day/week to do something just for me. This doesn't seem like a big deal, but for me, it's huge! The thing that has me cracking up is that it's written on some paper that kinda reminds me of a prescription; almost like an RX for me. I guess in a way, it is. I have been "ordered" perse to do this. So, my activities are read for 30-60 minutes on Tuesday and Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. Ya. We got that
specific. Also, on Sunday afternoons, between 2 and 5 p.m., I will scrapbook.

I also need to work on certain behaviors that can help me be successful in weightloss, so I'll be reviewing those (ex: eating at one place like the dining room table with no distractions etc.) and I'll also have to implement some behaviors for dealing with the unending "to do" list in my head. All pretty basic stuff and in a way I feel kinda stupid that I need someone to tell me all this. But; then again, it's not like I've actually done it myself, so obviously, I need some help.

I'll be trying to schedule an appointment for mid-to-late January with both my physician and the behaviorist guy tomorrow. I'm hoping I can get them on the same day to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. Hopefully that will go smoothly. I also need to see if anything ever came of my blood tests I had taken on December 10th. I'm assuming no news is good news, but I had another really bad bout of whatever it is I'm experiencing yesterday afternoon into evening that lasted all night. It was brutal. After taking 2 extra strength Tylenol, 2 Naprocens, a Flexoral (I think that's what it's called) and an Ambien, I finally fell asleep. Ugh! That doesn't even include the Zyrtec I need to take for my stinkin' hives. I really need to figure out what is going on with me and see if there are some more "natural" or less "pill" therapies available to me. Taking that much medicine in a day scares me a touch.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Just stopping by from Blog365. Nice blog! I'll be back. :)