Saturday, December 15, 2007

T-Minus 10 Days

and it will be Christmas Day! I can't believe it's almost here. The gifts to the kids are all wrapped and under the tree. The Santa gifts are carefully hidden away. The stocking stuffers are bought...but believe it or not, I can't remember where I put them. ACK! I'm going to have to search for them a little tomorrow. I've even got Robin's gifts wrapped and under the tree.

I made three more batches of the Peppermint Biscotti that I posted yesterday. The house smells wondefully minty tonight! I'll have the teacher gifts ready to go for Tuesday. I have to go out and get something for Maddy's Big Buddies. I was going to get them each a $5 to Cold Stone Creamery, but apparently, they're getting some ice cream coupon from each of the kids via their class gifts to their Big Buddies. I really really really don't want to have to go to the mall tomorrow for option #2 which is a $5 from Claires or some other "girly jewelry place". I can't think of anything else to get them as I barely know them. I would get them a $5 to itunes, but I don't think I've seen them in denominations that small.

My only issue right now is my niece's gift. She'll be starting high school next year and is taking French lessons with me right now and plans to take French next year (yay! ;) ) I bought her a pocket French-English, English-French dictionnary and a French verb conjugation book. I was going to get her a really cute name necklace, but seeing as Christmas is 10 days away and I've yet to order it...ya, I am seriously doubting it'll get here by then. So...I need a Plan B. I don't have a Plan B...ugh. I've asked Robin for some suggestions, but well, let's just say it'd be easier to get blood from a stone. So, if anyone has any suggestions, I'm totally open!

Tomorrow will require making of the peppermint bark and some candied nuts and I'll get the teacher and my teacher friend gifts ready. I'm hoping to get a little bit of scrapbooking done somewhere inbetween. We'll see if I get to it...this morning was so unproductive! I'm hoping tomorrow isn't a repeat!

No comments: