Yep. That's what our new last name should be. Goodness! I don't know what's wrong with us lately, but Robin and I have both been procrastinating a lot lately.
Robin's proclaimed for months that we'll be having prime rib for Christmas dinner. Awesome! Cool! Excellent! The problem is, last time we planned to do this, the store ran out because he hadn't ordered in time or checked in with the butcher. Ok. So, what does Mr. Smarty Pants do? Yep. He procrastinates.
Tonight he went to the store to order/talk to the butcher. Picks up some he likes. Goes to the checkout and they're having issues with the credit card machine. He, for some reason, has no cash. No meat yet for our Christmas dinner...Oh, ya, he could have gone to the ATM and gotten some cash, but he decided he'd already waited in line over 20 minutes, he wasn't going to "waste anymore time tonight" and that he'll "go back tomorrow to get some." Uh....what? I give up. Worst case scenario, we have a turkey in the freezer we can have on Christmas Day if it gets bad.
Me...well, as much as I'd love to say I'm perfect and do everything on time and wonderfully, I don't. My biggest "issue" with teaching is the grading that comes along with it. I so, so, so dislike grading tests and papers. It's so...boring. I'm sorry. Love my students, not always so thrilled with their skills...sigh. I've had two class sets of unit tests on my desk for 2 weeks. I just got to them this evening because I've been busy grading three class sets of projects...that have been staring at me for longer than I care to admit.
They're all done, the tests are almost all done and what am I doing? Yep...procrastinating again. They'll be done tomorrow...but then I have two class sets of projects I still need to grade. Not going to happen before the holidays, but at least it's not as bad as it was two weeks ago. Grades will be inputted tomorrow and the projects will wait 'til the new year. Geez, maybe my New Year's resolution should be to stop putting stuff off! :S
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hi - I'm Christina's friend Megan - I saw that you were interested in doing our Sharing Christmas eent over at my blog. Let me know if you want me to add your name to the list - I just posted it. Good luck getting your prime rib!!!
Post a Comment