Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Lest You Think I'm "Perfect"

I thought I'd show you my royally messed up "hat".
Tah-dah!
















See how it's all twisted up? See how it looks like a figure 8 because I twisted the yarn and/or cable when I was joining it up to make the brim? No, ok. Well, here's another shot:

It's all twisted up and a royal mess. It was my first real attempt at a hat (for Robin) and I kept wondering why on earth I had to keep twisting my knitting as I was going around. I decided to pull it off the needles to see what was going on when I realized my error.
What a pain and a waste of time. I will eventually tear these out and start again. For now, it serves as a reminder to slow down and take my time with my work.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Ah ha! I knew you couldn't be perfect. ;) I do believe your other hats look much better...and are easier to wear.